Friday, August 26, 2005

My son, the smartass.

He lives in Broward County, which was basically ground zero for this hurricane. Being the concerned parent, I called him early this morning to check on how they had fared through the storm.

"So, do you have any power?" I asked.

"Well, yeah, we got power.....kinda" he says, without missing a beat.

"'Kinda'? What do you have a generator?"

"No, we have power. We just don't have a roof"

"NO ROOF?! What do you mean you don't have a roof?" I start thinking that his mother would have called me if something like that had happened.

"We lost our roof last night. No roof"

Then I started hearing giggles under his breath.

"Nice try, young padawan".

I am NEVER going to play poker with my son.

As for the Hurricane, it did come ashore as a category one which did some damage in the Miami and southern Broward counties. Here on the Treasure Coast we got rain. Big whoop! There were two deaths reported associated with the storm. These seemed more like a thinning of the herd as they were both from falling trees during the height of the storm. I'm sure St. Peter greeted both these people at the pearly gates and slapped them upside the head for dying for such a stupid reason.

This weekend I'll be spending cleaning. The air conditioner seems to be having a problem. Why does that mean I have to clean? I have a neat freak for a landlord. I will admit I'm not the world's tidiest person, but I do keep thing in order. There might be a slight disarray and I do tend to just drop clothes wherever they land in my bedroom. Almost a year ago when he raised a stink I had the park manager come over and look around. "Lived in" was her judgement. Still, the less he has to complain about the better.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If cleanliness is next to Godliness, what about the athiests of the world?! Do they catch a break?

Anonymous said...

As someone who grew up with Towaway, I have seen his idea of "lived in" we call it a bear pit these days..geezzz...looks like the closet, and dresser exploded all at the same time, causing the poster over the bed to fall...(not that it was a bad thing)
Harry